Revealing the real me

I've been eagerly watching the new SF books being published, and feeling a sense of excitement about the genre again.  There are new SF books in the bookshops with women's names on the cover!  It's a long time since I've seen that in my little corner of Southern England.

I published Panthera : Death Spiral under JW Metcalfe.  This has caused me endless problems on Amazon, as somehow the author name got entered as Mrs JW Metcalfe.  That was exactly what I'd set out to avoid with the gender neutral initials.  And I can't rectify that problem unless I take the book down from the site and re-issue it.  And if I do that I'll lose the five star review I have on Amazon.  Not a good move.

So I've decided to chalk that one up to experience, and put a note on my website - www.wendymetcalfe.com - telling interested readers which name to search for which book under.  Not the most elegant of solutions, and I'll make sure I don't make the same mistake with the next book.

So when Panthera : Death Song is published in February 2014 it will have Wendy Metcalfe as the author name emblazoned over the cover.  I'm claiming the real me, and coming out as - shock horror- a woman writer of science fiction.

Comments

Popular Posts