Review of Seven Devils by Laura Lam

 I am making changes to this blog.  In future I'll need all my energy for working out how to self-publish my books, so thinking up new blog posts for here is a step too far.

HOWEVER I do want to pay it forward to the other writers in my genre, and given that Goodreads is hopeless for sharing links to reviews, I've decided to use this blog to post my reviews of others' work, so that I can share links that work on social media.  

So here's the first review, of Laura Lam's Seven Devils:


Seven Devils is a brilliant book from one of Britain's leading science fiction and fantasy authors.  An escaped princess joins the resistance to bring a corrupt empire down.  Seven Devils is a powerful exploration of the evils of too much power, both human and AI.

A rag-tag band of resistance fighters becomes a found family, and are forced to confront their feelings and beliefs about each other.

Seven Devils is a powerful exploration of the dangers of empire, the strength of found families, and the importance of resistance.  The story is a fabulous feminist read.



Comments

Popular Posts